- Ph.D. Cultural Interaction Studies, Kansai University, 2013.
- Dissertation: “Formation and Expansion of Buddhist Logic in East Asia: Focusing on the Cultural Interaction of the Proof of Idealism.”
- M.A. Buddhist studies, Toyo University, 2001.
- Thesis: “The three period teaching classification in Saicho’s Shugo-kokkai-shō.”
- B.A. Asian Philosophy, Waseda University, 1995.
- Hanazono University, Professor, April 2015–present.
- Hanazono University, Associate Professor, April 2008–March 2015.
- Hanazono University, Lecturer, April 2002–March 2008.
I specialize in Yogacara Buddhism and Buddhist logic in Japan and East Asia. I also study Digital Humanities in the field of East Asian studies.